Sunday 14 March 2010

Harlequin Medical Pitch

Finally managed to put a pitch together for the Harlequin Medical Editor Pitch and sent it in. Had reread it too many times and fiddled continously for days - so it's probably rubbish. Currently trying to write the most hated synopsis. I think I want to employ somebody to do that part for me as I hate writing them. Once I've finished that I'm going to have final read over my manuscript and send it in to the RNA New Writers Scheme. It can take three months to get feedback and I would kind of like to have it before I go the conference in London in July. Have heard back on all my chapters from one of my critique partners and am just waiting to hear back from the other who has the first three chapters. Isn't it amazing what a fresh set of eyes can see? And why is it when you get comments back you think.....of course, why didn't I see that!
I'm going to have to think about a new project and I've no idea where to start so I think I better do a little research, I've currently got about 20 medicals to read and that sounds perfect!

5 comments:

  1. Best of luck with your pitch and enjoy your research :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan!
    Apparently your pitch was NOT rubbish because you were one of the lucky winners (just like me!!). Congrats and good luck. Oh...and I had the same background for my blog but just recently changed it up for spring. I look forward to chatting on Tuesday (assuming you figure out the time conversion...(wink).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news on your pitch! Best of luck for Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Joanne and Wendy. Biting my fingernails! Will let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant news about your pitch. Congratulations.

    X

    ReplyDelete